Monday, September 6, 2010

Back in the habit...

Well, we survived our first week back to school.  Scott and I both agreed that it is really nice to have this long Labor Day weekend following the 1st week - I think we needed it!  I have a great group of new 3rd graders and am excited to see how the year progresses.  Scott is making a smooth transition to his new school and working hard with the football team.

Mack had a blast joining his friends at Anna's, he was exhausted by the time I picked him up each day and was in bed by 6:30 most nights.  He is learning new things and soaking up EVERYTHING!  He parrots everything we say and has the widest variety of facial expressions you can imagine.  

Some new vocab: 
"ssshhhh" (he says this and puts his finger to his lips when he sees or knows someone is sleeping - including the dogs :), 
"awight" (allright, when he's excited), 
"ummm" (when he's trying to decide something), 
"NO!" (we hear this alot, it is my least favorite), 
"airpane" (he can spot them farther than I can see, he waves and says "bye"), 
"oh man!" (he says this when he drops or spills something - it comes out like an adult would say a four letter word - he hasn't said any of those yet), 
"caca" (when he has a dirty diaper or when the dogs do their business outside, haha)

...and my favorite:

"amen" (he says this when we pray before eating and after our bedtime prayer...his little voice melts our hearts!)

***turn volume up and listen to Mack at the end :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the video! He is growing so much and too cute. Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete