We woke up to snow this morning! It gently snowed until afternoon...how peaceful. It didn't really end up snowing much, maybe 2-3 inches. Mack was absolutely thrilled! He came down stairs, looked outside and said, "Now it's time for Santa to come!" Then he said, "I need my big coat, gloves, hat, boots...I need EVERYTHING mom!" We let the dogs outside before we left and Mack was so excited about the tracks they made. He said, "I need to get out there and make tracks, too." Needless to say, we made some tracks before we buckled up to leave.
He is hilarious!
The kids at school were very excited and it made for an interesting day. Of course, Scott and I are looking forward to a couple snow days here and there as winter continues. That is one of the beauties of living in the midwest... an unexpected day home from work.
You will be glad to know my holiday troubles are mostly over...we went shopping in Quincy on Sunday and I got most of the shopping done! Yay! I only have a few more items to pick up. My parents went with us and we all enjoyed the day. Mack got to visit with Santa and loved it. He climbed up on his lap and told him what he wanted and then sat patiently while I took some pics. We were worried that he would get shy and not do it. Not the case, he did great!
Christmas is such a great time of year for so many reasons: the birth of Christ, friends and family, holiday cheer...and cards! I love, love, love Christmas cards! I race home to the mailbox everyday in December just waiting to see what Christmas cards have arrived. I love seeing greeting cards, picture cards, and Christmas letters. What a wonderful time of year!!! Have a GREAT week!
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment