The house is clean, presents are mostly wrapped, and winter break is right around the corner! Yay! I don't know what it is, but I REALLY need a break this year. I can't wait to enjoy the holidays and just bum around the house during our winter break.
Mack has a new love...changing his clothes as many times as possible. Oh my! I thought it was great when he mastered taking his pants/underwear on & off by himself (this really helped his independence in the bathroom). Then he figured out how to get his shirt off and can do it (mostly) by himself. He can also put all of these articles back on with minimal help. Today he has changed at least 3 times. To be honest - it drives me CRAZY. Who needs to go through that many clothes in one day?!! However...his little eyes light up when he decides what he wants to wear next...AND his sense of pride is evident as he puts something new on all by himself! Some mornings are difficult (more like a major battle) now that he wants a BIG part of deciding what to wear. I guess I will just have to stop worrying if he matches and start enjoying his new found independent happiness. There is not much 'baby' left in my almost 3 year old (I tear up a little as I write this...where does the time go?).
Here he is before church this morning. I picked out this outfit and surprisingly he didn't complain :)
After church Scott, Mack, Soxy, and Moon went out to play for a bit. It was a beautiful day and they all enjoyed the fresh air! With Mack's new independent streak he wants to do everything by himself. He struggled with the jacket for a minute but got it in the end.
He still takes a GREAT nap. But is not always thrilled when it is time to go lay down...he wanted to go back out for a little bit.

Here it is...his one last 'little boy' trait. He pulls his hair when he is tired or needs comfort. If you know Mack, you know he has done this forever. He has never sucked his thumb, took a paci, or had a blankie. You know it's serious when he uses both hands. I LOVE IT! Some people suggest that we need to cut that hair...but I CAN'T! It's too ADORABLE!... and he won't do it forever, so I'll enjoy this tired, snuggly little boy while I can. ;)
Mack is such a JOY in our lives and we are thankful and grateful for each day!
During our break I plan to catch up on our family scrapbook, clean out Mack's closet, and learn something new...
I have always wanted to learn to crochet. I have attempted before but never really got it figured out. I plan to watch a tutorial (probably on you tube) or find a tutor. If you have any tips or suggestions feel free to send them my way.
Yay for Winter Break... we have an early dismissal on Tuesday and I am just hoping and praying that I can make it until then!
Have a FABULOUS week!






No comments:
Post a Comment