Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Holiday Season is here...

Well, it has been a little while since I last blogged.  What is new?
































Football season is now over and we have moved on to basketball.  Yes, that is right...Scott is the boys JV coach.  He is busy with early morning practices and games twice a week.  And of course, Mack and I are sitting in the stands cheering him on!

We had a great Thanksgiving and spent the whole weekend at my parents house - just being lazy and enjoying our time together.  I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures but am thankful for the time spent together.

I have done a little Christmas shopping...very little.  EVERY year I tell myself that I will do better and not let this sneak up on me.  However, EVERY year after Thanksgiving the holiday shopping season is here and it stresses me out a bit!  I think it's a combination of things: finding the right gift, staying within budget, being creative & thoughtful, it's a busy time @ school, time crunch, and loving to give gifts to others.  Don't worry...it's just the gift buying that causes me stress (and it's really not that bad)...other than that I am excited that the holidays are here!  Mack is SO excited about EVERYTHING!  He can't wait to go to Santa's house.  He asks if we can call him.  He tells me every day when I pick him up that he is on the 'good' list.  Last night, I laid down with him and after we read a story he rolled over and whispered excitedly, "Santa will be here in 5 minutes!"  Then he rolled back over and went to sleep. ;)  What a hoot!! ...Also, anytime anyone asks him when his birthday is he replies, "tomorrow!"  Oh what fun this boy is!  I think my favorite part (so far) is that bottom (front) third of our Christmas tree has the most ornaments on it - thanks to Mack's decorating skills.











Have a GREAT weekend! 
Wish me luck with my holiday shopping. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment